Post Title: Young Person Support Worker (Night Sleeping)
Hours: 9 p.m. – 6 a.m. with 1 hr comfort break (Flexibility required with shifts)
£8.72 per hour
Paid Annual Leave
Responsible to: Property Manager
Essential Skills Required
- Clean Driving License
- Two References
- One Character Reference
- NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Any other relevant training: substance misuse, child protection, challenging behaviour
- Competent in report writing
- Must have at least 12 months experience working with vulnerable young people.
- Attend a one-week induction during office hours at our Head Office in Wolverhampton, before starting your post.
- Attend one staff meeting a month on Tuesday at 9.30 a.m. at our Head Office in Wolverhampton.
- You will be travelling from Wolverhampton to various locations in a pool/company insured vehicle.
- Complete a night report and send to the manager after each shift.
- Ensure the property is in order, any issues record on the report.
- Support young person to undertake general housekeeping/cleaning duties within the property
- Engage with young people.
- Complete any other checks as and when required through your shift.
- Assist the young person in cooking a meal.
- Assist young person with any educational work they may have for college or training.
- Communicate essential information with other support workers and managers as and when required.
- Be aware of your surroundings always, for the safety of the young people.
- Be able to attend all training days arranged by us throughout the year.
- Be available to attend one staff meeting, once a month at our Head Office in Wolverhampton.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
All skills listed in this job description will be assessed by the application form and at interview.
Candidate maybe called in for a second interview if interviewing manager thinks this is necessary.
This job description indicates the main duties and responsibilities of the post and it is not intended as an exhaustive list.
If offered a job and you accept you will be required to sign and date this job description to confirm your acceptance of it.
Interviews will take place in Wolverhampton.
If you do not receive a reply within four weeks of sending in your application, please assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest in Eclipse Properties Ltd.